Kitchen countertops serve a variety of purposes. You could use it for preparing the ingredients of your next meal or have a hearty afternoon conversation over coffee.
Either way, countertops are an important feature of any kitchen. It’s also one that has to be thoroughly cleaned.
Let us show you how:
Make your own solution for all countertops
* Mix hydrogen peroxide and bleach with baking soda to create an effective bacteria-busting solution for granite surfaces. Simply apply the solution on the countertop and, with a nylon brush, scrub stubborn stains off until the surface becomes flawless.
* For laminate countertops, you can mix water and vinegar together and use the solution to wipe away any smudges before rinsing with warm water.
Apply a dab of dishwashing liquid
* Wooden countertops are tricky to clean, not unless you have some dishwashing liquid lying around. Simply dampen the surface with a dry cloth and kill off any remaining bacteria using a bleach and water solution. Using a wet sponge and dishwashing liquid, wipe the countertop clean of any bloodstains from meat or any other stain.
Do away with mold
* When cleaning ceramic countertops, use a brush and a bleach solution. This will prevent mold from building up. Rinse the surface after you’re done for a cleaner and blemish free countertop. You might also want to add a little vinegar to get rid of any pungent food odors that linger on the surface.
* Never use commercial cleaners with high acidity on marble countertops as they tend to cause discoloration. To be safe, use dishwashing liquid to get rid of stains without the risk of fading the color as well as water spots.
When it comes to cleaning your countertops, opt to use cleaners that are less likely to affect their appearance.
If you’re cut for time, however, you can always have a professional cleaning service to help you keep your kitchen in tip-top shape, countertop and all!
For more cleaning tips you can use at home and in the office, get them from Easy Breezy Cleaning Co. We’re your reliable partner for a clutter-free, spotless home in Plano, Frisco, Allen, and McKinney, Texas. Call us at 469 202 8822 or click here to schedule a booking.